Monday, January 8, 2018

January Paper Doll - Set 1

Happy 2018! It usually takes me a while to get back on track in January.  The holidays are crazy and having the kids home for vacation takes up a lot of my paper doll creating time.  I love having them home but it's nice to get my time back, too!

Something I've wanted to do for a while is follow along with daily drawing challenges.  I follow a lot of artists on Instagram, Pinterest, etc, and many of them complete daily challenges.  So that's what I'm doing this year - yes, year.  I've had a lack of inspiration lately and this seemed like the ideal solution: one paper doll, predetermined themes, limited palette. I haven't worked out the details yet. I may have a new doll every month.  I may use one for the whole year. Will this be my December project, too? I don't know! We'll see how it goes.

Today I have the first set, in both black and white as well as color.  If you'd like to follow along, I'm using the drawing suggestions from @ellolovey on Instagram and she's on Facebook, too.



 This is her whole list for the month if you want to follow along! 

I haven't completed the whole month and I'll fill a sheet & release it when it's ready, probably Mondays and Fridays - maybe more!! I'm not sure exactly how I'll tackle all of these in paper doll form (hug? mood? dunno...) but that's part of the fun!


Right-click to download and print to color

Right-click to download and print

Today I have the doll, and the first three themes: New Years, cocktail, and sleep.  I have the next four ready to go for either Wednesday or Friday. Let me know what you think! I'm excited - I think it'll be fun!

6 comments:

  1. Neat Idea, I thought about doing something similar with my paper dolls too. Very well done can't wait to see more

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does look fun, but I'm still trying to make sense of some of those suggestions. Under? Row? How exactly are those supposed to work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how all of the themes are going to play out either! These were created as a doodle suggestion and not specifically for fashion or paper dolls....I guess that's part of the challenge.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! What a great idea; very challenging. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be a tough challenge but we'll see how it goes!!

      Delete